Chapter 5: The Desert Temple
“Tony, are you sure we have to go?”
“Yes Tomis, I am sure,” I replied.
“Did you get approval from the mayor?” included Iken.
“Yes Iken I did.”
“Well we need to get supplies”, added Ean.
“Good point!”
“Don't worry boys, I’ve got you covered,” Natasha said stepping in. “Here are all of your supplies and four horses.”
“Thank you Natasha”, I replied. “Now let's go!” We started riding on the road to the desert.
“Tony, why are we going to the desert?” asked Iken.
“We are going to a desert temple to get more supplies for the village.”
“Did you get guys any new equipment in your bags?” asked Tomis. “I have two crossbows and a scoped bow.”
“I have two sharp daggers,” replied Ean
“I got a word and a shield. It was on the side of my bag,” said Iken.
“Tony what did you get?”
“I got a new revolver, gloves, and a book.”
“Maybe they are magic gloves but who knows?” said Ean hopefully. After a day’s ride we arrived at the desert temple.
“It's dark but I have a lamp and a lot of oil,” Ean said.
“I am not going to ask where you got it, said Iken.
We started to enter the temple. “It’s a labyrinth down here not in the literal sense but in the actual sense”, I told everyone.
“Come on guys!” cried Tomis.
As we descended the stairs into the labyrinth, my gloves started glowing.
“Why are my gloves glowing?” I whispered.
“Who knows? Just keep going. Man you seem distracted and now I am telling everyone what to do. That's your job! Now get your head in the game,” said Tomis with concern.
“Yeah sorry.”
“WHOA!” hissed Ean
“What?” I asked.
“Skeletons right ahead. Looks like three of them.”
“I got this.” Tomis shoots three arrows at the skeletons and it does nothing to them. “What?” he shouts. The skeletons start charging towards us.
“You will DIE!” Iken swings his sword and obliterates all the skeletons at once.
“Wow that is very impressive,” I said.
“Two more incoming I will handle them.” Ean runs up to them and cuts through their spines. “Got ‘em!”
“I see a chamber up ahead”, I shout running towards the room.
“Stop!!!” shouts Tomis. Everyone stops and looks. “Look there is a giant skeleton up ahead.”
“I think I will call it Skeletron,” I say.
“Why?” asks Ean.
“Because I can.”
Iken starts forward. “I am going to go down there and crush him.”
“Stop!” I shout. “We need a plan.” but Iken is already running toward Skeletron.
“I am going to enjoy this!” he says as he raises his sword.
“Wait for me!”
“And me!”
I watch as mayhem ensues. Iken runs up to Skeletron, hacking off one giant foot but instantly getting grabbed himself by more smaller skeletons that have arrived. Ean cuts off the other giant Skeletron foot but the upper body falls on him, pinning him to the ground. Tomis shoots arrows at it with no effect like with the other skeletons. (Tomis says something that I can’t write here.) Tomis runs out of arrows and is now covered in bones Skeletron threw at him.
I think to myself, “What do I do? Oh wait my revolver. What? It's not in my holder. Dangit what am i supposed to do?” Rummaging through my bag, I find the book. It is only 10 pages. I skim it. “Why are all these pages about past users? Wait, a spell for magic glove activation? The book says that all I have to say is Believe in magic,” I say out loud. Suddenly the book disappears and symbols appear on my gloves. Somehow I now know magic.
“Fargo!” Fire spurts from my hands burning the skeletons who then drop Iken.
“Psycho!” The skeleton bones and Skeletron’s leg get lifted from Thomas and Ean and get thrown, knocking over Skeletron who was currently balancing on his spine.
“Shine!” A bright light fills the room and Skeletron disappears.
“I knew they were magic,” said Ean after the battle was over.
“No you did not. You just guessed,” says Iken.
“Look, a door has opened,” shouts Tomis.
“Lets go,” I say. The group walks into an armory with only four weapons, a big sword which Iken takes because his sword had broken during battle. A bow that Tomis takes because he is the only archer in the village. When he pulls back the string a magic arrow appears. Ean takes two daggers that are hot enough to cut anything. And finally I grab a magic book and say the words that I see.
“Sunrise, sunset, magic of time is set.” My gloves started to glow again with two new symbols. I see no other effect.
However, when we arrived back at the village after completing our mission, the village was looking oddly brand new...
I like that you know and are using interesting words like "ensues," "rummaging," and "activation." You inserted some humor too! I hope a girl joins the group....maybe Natasha?
ReplyDelete