First I worked out with mom. Zach said no. Also no lab yet. First body exercise, then brain exercise!
Now we get to the money lab. Cleaning your money. First I got out the materials for the experiment: vinegar, pennies, salt, a glass, and a spoon.
First, pour vinegar in the glass.
Second, pour salt into the glass.
Third, use the spoon to stir the salt and vinegar until the salt disappears. This means the salt dissolves.
Finally, put your dirty pennies in the glass. The salt vinegar will clean your pennies.
Second experiment: Money Math Scale
Materials: fulcrum and ruler + pennies
Place the ruler on the fulcrum in the center to create a scale. The center of the ruler is at six inches. You can see that it is balanced.
We are going to do math. You know that 3 x 2 = 2 x 3 = 6. You can show this by putting 3 pennies 2 inches away from the center and 2 pennies 3 inches away from the center.
In the end it should look like this. It is balanced!
Joke: Why did the student swallow all his pennies? Answer: The teacher said that he needed more sense.
Great experiment Ashton! Grandpa says next try 5 x 1 = 1 x 5!
ReplyDeleteHi Ash, I am very happy that you are writing a blog. I love to read about and see pictures of the things you are doing. Yes, I even love your goofy jokes. Love, Grandma Peggy
ReplyDeleteI have done both of today's experiments. Grandpa helped with the second one.
ReplyDeleteYes! Awesome experiments. Wyn and I will be joining you at home :) I also love the sit-up pic in the very beginning :)
ReplyDelete