Day3: Hello! Today I am telling you about 3 candy experiments: Fabulous Growing Gummi (FGG), Mint Crystal (MC), and Crackling Water (CW).
FGG: Put any gummi candy in water. It will grow big because a protein named gelatin in the gummi absorbs the water. The penny will help us see the change in size as the gummi grows. When it is done growing I am going to make Zach take a bite. ;) This experiment will take 2 hours to 2 days.
MC: You first pulverize 2 TBSP mint hard lifesavers into powder and put it in 1TBSP of water which is in a cup. Put the cup in your microwave for 15-30 sec until hot. Extra: Tie a string to a pencil and put it over the cup and string in the water. The candy is made of sugar so when it dissolves in hot water and then cools down it crystallizes. The crystals will stick to the string. Time: 1 week.
CW: Have a glass of water and pour a whole small bag of pop rocks in the water. What happens is the pop rock stored carbon dioxide gets released in the water making the water bubbly.
MOVIE TIME!!!!
Joke: What did the boy say when his parents gave him a skateboard made out of candy? Answer: Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!
Ashton says Thank you to everyone who is reading his Blog and leaving comments. He is so excited!!!
ReplyDelete(NOTE: I have noticed that I cannot leave comments via my phone or iPad. However, I can leave comments via computer either through my Google account or anonymously. You can also message me comments and I will post them for you!)
I am eager to learn the outcome of your experiments.
ReplyDelete