Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Wasabi!!!

Today I am going to tell you how sushi was made.  Mom gave me the idea because we ate sushi for lunch. I asked her if she could get us some sushi for lunch when she went to Sam’s Club, and she did!!! We had Philly rolls (a version of the California roll described below) which have smoked salmon, cream cheese, avocado, cucumber, and rice in them.



How was sushi invented?  A man named Hanaya Yohei is often considered to be the creator of sushi in the 1820s. He served his sushi with toppings such as a fresh, thin slice of fish on a small ball of rice.


What are some different kinds of sushi? I want to try the dragon roll or the spicy tuna roll the next time Mom gets sushi for us.   
  1. "California Rolls: California Rolls look like an inside-out sushi roll with a layer of rice on the outside and a sheet of nori (edible seaweed) on the inside, and usually include avocado, imitation crab, cucumber, and sometimes tobiko (flying fish roe).
  2. Tempura rolls: Tempura Rolls, like California Rolls, have the rice on the outside around a sheet of nori containing tempura-fried shrimp along with vegetables like avocado and cucumber. 
  3. Spicy tuna roll: Spicy Tuna Rolls also have the rice on the outside, with a sheet of nori on the inside, wrapped around raw tuna that’s been mixed with spicy mayonnaise. 
  4. Dragon roll: Dragon Rolls are similar to Tempura Rolls in that they use shrimp tempura, avocado, cucumber, and have the rice on the outside sprinkled with sesame seeds. Dragon rolls, however, include thin slices of avocado on top of the roll, along with tobiko, and are then drizzled with spicy mayonnaise and unagi sauce. 
  5. Spider roll: Spider Rolls are made with deep fried soft-shell crab and include fillings such as cucumber, avocado, daikon sprouts or lettuce, roe and spicy mayonnaise"
Joke: What did Sushi A to Sushi B?

Answer: "Wasabi!"

2 comments:

  1. Dear Ash, I liked your post about Sushi. Grandpa and I love Sushi also. We have had all the kinds that you mentioned except the spider roll. We usually share an order of the crunchy spicy tuna roll and the California roll along with a plate of tempura vegetables. Yummmmmmmmm❣️❣️❣️. We haven’t been able to go to our favorite Japanese restaurant lately because of the virus. Your post reminded me that I could see if I can order some sushi from one or both of the grocery stores from which we order food each week. Thank you very much for the reminder and the information about sushi. Love and hugs, Grandma Peggy
    PS keep on reading and writing. ��❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting even though I am not fond of Sushi.

    ReplyDelete