Monday, May 18, 2020

If I Built a Time Capsule

Make a list of items you would put in a time capsule so if someone found it 100 years later, then that person would know what life was like during the year 2020.  For each item state why you chose that item to place in the time capsule?  Why is it important for understanding life in 2020?

My first item would be a description of what it is like to live in the year 2020.  My reasoning is to show how different lives are between now and then.  My second item would be a family photo so they would see who my family is and how the past looks different from the future.  My third and final item would be a recipe book.  They can learn the foods of the past and bring it into their meals.  It is important to know the past because they can learn from it and bring forth a bright future.

My description would have key sentences like I live next to a forest full of trees.  Cars and planes are the ways we get around.  We use fire and electricity to cook things.  Pollution is a problem and there are people trying to fix it.  The final thing I would say is that covid-19 is plaguing everyone.  (Haha!)  I hope in the future they have cures for viruses and cancer.

Would you rather: have no nose or smell only bad odors?  Please comment!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Ash, I thought your choices of what to leave and why in your time capsule were very good choices. This made me want to think about what I would leave in one. Your school assignments and your answers also lead me to do some fun thinking! Love, Grandma Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would prefer to have no nose. It would be awful to smell only bad odors all the time.

    I like your pun that Covid-19 is plaguing everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ash, I have to also answer that I, right now, would have to do without a nose. This is because I have a very sensitive nose, and bad odors tend to upset my stomach to a degree that is often very unpleasant for me and those around me. Love, Grandma Peggy

    ReplyDelete