Thursday, April 23, 2020

Astronaut Ashton???

Choice #2 Science Assignment for Week of April 20: Would you like to be the next astronaut to explore the moon?  Write a paragraph explaining why or why not? 

I want to go to the moon because I want to see Earth from a different perspective.  I want to see the lava tubes and craters.  I want to experience low gravity. I do not think I can go to the moon because I don’t exercise daily. Astronauts need to have strong muscles and bones and exercise daily on the moon and in space.Plus I'm inexperienced so I’m not going to do it right now. Being experienced means learning to move around in lower gravity.  I will also need to study physics and engineering.  Also it's just too dangerous for my liking. The ship might crash or the orbital landing could fail and then we will be dead, so it's too dangerous.
Ashton demonstrating proper body weight squat form for astronaut training.  


2 comments:

  1. Ask your parents if you can watch the movie Apollo 13. I think you would appreciate the engineering achievement of both the spacecraft crew and the people on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ash, I just finished reading your latest blog post. You wrote n interesting analysis of whether or not you could be an astronaut right now and go to the moon. I agree, you do not qualify to go now, but please never lose sight of your goal! Work toward accomplishing it. You know, there are many virtual means of exploring the moon right now at your fingertips. Love, Gma Peggy

    ReplyDelete