Dear whoever is in charge,
I think that you should start making bridges and tunnels over and under the roads in Arizona. My main reason is to help animals cross the roads without getting hurt or killed. Bridges over the road will help animals to move, breed, or hibernate. Tunnels could be used for a water source, a resting place, or a shelter. This will help the animals survive similar to how Banff’s crossing system helped the animals by having 80% less collisions. This will help animals thrive and live and have at least one thing off their worry list.
Sincerely,
Ashton
(English assignment for week of 4/27: Write a letter to a leader why funding should be secured for building wildlife crossings in your state. Use learnings and evidence from the assignment reading Safe Travels.)
Ashton, I agree with your position! I am wondering if there are places that have had success with wildlife crossings already?
ReplyDeleteMs. Morrow :)
When I lived in Indiana, a group of people were trying to get a tunnel under a road built between two marshy areas so the turtles would not get run over.
ReplyDelete